“Germany Today” 2020 Tour: Call for Applications
DAAD’s information tour “Germany Today” is designed to give participants a broader overview of Germany’s higher education landscape. This includes an overview of Germany’s higher education and research system, an update on current developments, innovative projects and structural reforms, details about BA and MA programs as well as PhD training at a spectrum of institutions, insights into universities’ institutional internationalization strategies, information on the institutions’ cooperation within strategic networks and with corporate partners, and information on funding opportunities for academic exchange and institutional cooperation.
DAAD invites representatives from universities, research institutions, and funding agencies in the United States and Canada, as well as colleagues from the fields of education policy and politics to join us for our “Germany Today” Information Tour 2020 from June 14 – June 20, 2020. This year’s tour will focus on how higher education institutions in Germany approach today’s societal challenges through engaged modes of interdisciplinary, inter-institutional and international cooperation.
The 2020 tour will visit the following cities and institutions:
- Dresden: Technische Universität Dresden, and CeTi
- Jena: Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Cluster of Excellence “Balance of the Microverse”, and UniWiND/ GUAT
- Leipzig: Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Universität Leipzig, and the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research
- Potsdam: Universität Potsdam
- Berlin: Present Futures Forum Berlin, Die Junge Akademie, and DAAD Workshop
Deadline to apply: March 15, 2020.
For more information about the event and on how to register, please click here.